Thats a few knives

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

Trad Bound

Thats a few knives

#1 Post by Trad Bound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Here is a collection of my work from over the past few months
All Sheaths are hand made and hand stitched by myself. I make most of the handle blanks myself I certainly design fit and finish all of the knives.
All knife blades are 440c I purchase them from America as I have indicated in previous threads.
All of the knives are finished with several coats of Tru Oil gunstock oil.

Amazon Bowie / Machete Survival knife. This is a wicked multi - purposed blade designed for the hunter and outdoors survivalist. It incorporates the advantage of a bowie for defence as well as the curve for skinning and the length for a machete. So whether you filleting an animal or constructing a camp this is an excellent companion. Over all length is 12 3/4" with a 8" cutting edge. 3mm thick light weight design for hiking and camping. It has a false upper edge and a ready sharpened lower edge. It is constructed of the finest 440c all weather and temperature steel. RC tested 57-58.4" x 1 1/2" handle area. This knife has two mosaic pins made by myself in the handle. The handle is Osage with a red spacer liner on either side of the blade. The sheath is designed both for left or right handed and can be used in the vertical or horizontal position $160 + postage

Classic "Patrick Henry" Bowie. The Patrick Henry design was made famous during the Revolutionary War. Constructed with 440c steel. Stretches 14" overall with a classic stainless steel blade with fitted brass guard. Coffin style handle 4 - 3/32" pin holes. Satin finish. 3/16" Thick. Sharpened. Excellent weight as well. Osage handle with 4 brass pins rounded handmade leather sheath designed for left or right fitting. $160 + postage

Classic "Patrick Henry" Bowie. The Patrick Henry design was made famous during the Revolutionary War. Constructed with 440c steel. Stretches 14" overall with a classic stainless steel blade with fitted brass guard. Coffin style handle. Satin finish. 3/16" Thick. Sharpened. Excellent weight as well. Jarrah Handle with brass plated tack design on both sides of handles Right handed handmade leather sheath with leather button with thonging $170 + postage

Classic "Patrick Henry" Bowie. The Patrick Henry design was made famous during the Revolutionary War. Constructed with 440c steel. Stretches 14" overall with a classic stainless steel blade with fitted brass guard. Coffin style handle 4 - 3/32" pin holes. Satin finish. 3/16" Thick. Sharpened. Excellent weight as well. Osage handle with 4 brass pins rounded handmade leather sheath designed for left or right fitting. $160 + postage

Jungle Bowie Hunting Blade. This handle is faux Alligator made of an all - weather matrix. They are an extremely hard material retaining the character and definition of Alligator. Blood groove on one side of the blade. Knife has a bead blast satin finish to the blade. The design of this blade was made by the maker of American special forces knives in Vietnam. This knife has a lot of weight behind it. Overall length 13.25” RC 57-58 $155+ postage

"Slim Jim" Bowie is an awesome balanced. This is made 440c Steel which keeps an edge and stainless as well. 10" over all length. Blade 5 1/8". Satin polished and sharpened. 13/16" Heavy Blade. Thick. 3 - 3/16" Pin holes. The handle is a laminated timber finish. The sheath is a vintage brown finish $85 + postage

Big Dog Skinner. Overall length 6". Cutting edge 2 3/8". 1/8" thick.5 - 3/32" Brass pins Great design, high curve edge, for smaller and large cavity skinning. Laminated Timber Handle Left or Right fitting Sheath. $60 + postage Sold

Santoku Camping knife high carbon chef's knife like none other. Each blade is handmade and the hammer pounded metal edge reminiscent of the original meteorite blades. The handle is Tasmanian Myrtle and the sheath is yellow in colour designed for left or right fitting. There are 3 brass pins the overall length is 7” $75 + postage

The "War Hawk", fighting blade master's a light weight fighting knife. The blade is 4” in length Constructed of 440c stainless, satin finished, sharp with attached bolster. 3 brass pins Laminated timber handle material. Left or right fitting sheath. $65+ Postage Sold

Blackfoot Drop Point Knife. Red Gum Handle with mosaic pins Brown leather sheath. Leather lanyard on handle 440c Stainless Steel 4.75” blade $90 + postage

Blackfoot Drop Point Knife. Osage Handle Brown leather sheath with beads. Plaited Leather lanyard on handle 440c Stainless Steel 4.75” blade $80 + postage

Sculpted Bolstered Liner Lock folder . This liner lock with a stunning sculptured bolsters. File work finish on blade and frame. The blade is 440c steel the best all weather steel available. Over all open length is 8" and closed 4 1/2". The blade length is 3 1/4". Steel frame assembled with a thumb stud on blade. Sculpted bolster on the liner lock side. Liner lock for secure open position. Handle is Tasmanian Myrtle and the sheath is finished with a leather button and thonging. Excellent weight and feel. $70 + postage
Last edited by Trad Bound on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crowcreek2

Re: Thats a few knives

#2 Post by Crowcreek2 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:34 pm

...very nice work Tony - good to see you have been busy. I have just sold my last Randall so its off to the show in May and see what I can find??

May be catch up there?

Phill

DavidM

#3 Post by DavidM » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Nice work Tony, but when will we see the hand napped obsidian range of knives 8)

terryzac

#4 Post by terryzac » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:55 pm

DavidM wrote:Nice work Tony, but when will we see the hand napped obsidian range of knives 8)
put me down for one of those

terry

Nephew

#5 Post by Nephew » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:31 pm

terryzac wrote:
DavidM wrote:Nice work Tony, but when will we see the hand napped obsidian range of knives 8)
put me down for one of those

terry
Christ yes! Me too! :wink:
Lately, if life were treating me any better, I'd be suspicious of it's motives!

Trad Bound

#6 Post by Trad Bound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:59 pm

David
I might just for you do a pink Knapped knife.
For those who don't know David or the Pink Professor as a number of Lilydale Bowmen know him as, Pink feathers and fluffy pink bits on his carbons and being a scientist has earnt him his name.
Phill I might just see you at the show.
Cheers Tony

stringnstik

#7 Post by stringnstik » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:01 am

And here I was thinking youd been snoozing in the rockin chair in front of the telly all summer!

Nice work Tony as always.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

Trad Bound

#8 Post by Trad Bound » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi Mark
thanks for the compliment,there was a lot of snoozing, being grumpy with my back and leg injury but started to get the creative edge back so look out. Went to Lefflers the other day came away a happy boy bought two lots 7-8 sq ft of embossing leather nice, now i just need to sell some knives to pay for it. :roll:
see you soon
TonyJ

stringnstik

#9 Post by stringnstik » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:59 am

Yes nuthin like stoppin(for good or bad reasons) the usual rat race and allowing ourselves to get creative.
Having a bit of fun with the two cow hides I skun and tanned. Kinda need to work with it a little differently but I'm learning. Ill take ma kit and finish a few items off whilst on the road. Found it most relaxing last xmas down by a river in the bush and lacing a bit of leather.
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

Trad Bound

#10 Post by Trad Bound » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Bump

ontothepigs

#11 Post by ontothepigs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:39 pm

I am interested, pm sent.