WTB - solid fibreglass bow

Want to sell, buy or trade. Not restricted to archery items.

Moderator: Moderators

bstan86

WTB - solid fibreglass bow

#1 Post by bstan86 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi all.

I am after a solid fibreglass bow - preferably one of the old ben pearsons.
30-40lb draw and preferably 60" or longer as i draw a bit over 29" (not sure what lengths they were made in).

want it as a knock-around bow for bowfishing and other rough treatment activities.

Dennis La Varenne

Re: WTB - solid fibreglass bow

#2 Post by Dennis La Varenne » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:19 pm

There are heaps of such bows on eBay for sale under the Longbows or Recurve bows classifications. They don't cost much on average.

I have a friend in Michigan who regularly sends me bows and other stuff I buy on eBay and he can fit around 6 bows in one of his boxes if you like to buy one and have it sent to his address in Michigan. I can arrange that for you.

If you do find one, Ben Pearson made some take-down bows in his 300 series of bow which socketed together at the handle. If you can get one of them, it would not cost too much to send to Australia by United State Postal Service. There are also a good number of solid Aluminium bows which are takedown as well. They are 3-piece affairs and shoot surprisingly well. I have about 6 or 8 of them in my collection. They can be bought fairly cheaply too and can be transported in a smaller parcel.
Dennis La Varénne

Have the courage to argue your beliefs with conviction, but the humility to accept that you may be wrong.

QVIS CVSTODIET IPSOS CVSTODES (Who polices the police?) - DECIMVS IVNIVS IVVENALIS (Juvenal) - Satire VI, lines 347–8

What is the difference between free enterprise capitalism and organised crime?

HOMO LVPVS HOMINIS - Man is his own predator.

bstan86

Re: WTB - solid fibreglass bow

#3 Post by bstan86 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Thanks very much Denis I will take all that good info into consideration.

I am very tempted by one of these:

http://www.combataustralia.com.au/recur ... gbow-camo/

Price is right and I won't care about it getting bashed around in the boat.
I figure if I get the 34lb model it should be around 40lb at my draw which should be fine for what I'm wanting to do with it. 8)