lucky me

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

ichiban

lucky me

#1 Post by ichiban » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:52 am

recently i was lookin through my local timber shop and besides being in awe from there 3ft wide thickness sander or there 2 ft wide surface planer amoung other things i saw what they called "off cuts", 1.8m long, 1.25" wide and 4mm deep, can any1 say core lams?
laminations of jarrah,beech,and blackwood and for the hefty sum of 30 dollers i left with more timber than what one would think you could fit in a mazda 121 so with laminations flailing from the rear windows i got em all home safe and sound. with my good fortune i dicided i will push my luck as such i have glued up the limbs for a new bow, and its onna be a very diffrent shape to what you guys know me for. all ill tell you about it is this.
on the form the outer posts are 6" high, and the center post is 2" high, there is a clamp 10" from center either side inducing deflex. the intreresting thing is that i have only yet done the limbs so ill be cuting out the handle to fit into the rounded shape of the current center of the bow (very diffrent for me). so at the moment it sort of looks like a "W" but ill post pics when i can.

cheers,
D
Im gonna make it bend and break-Fall Out Boy