Sue's (little arrows) amazing work!

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

jape

Sue's (little arrows) amazing work!

#1 Post by jape » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:11 pm

Many thanks to Mr. Longbow Steve for putting us onto this! I got my bow bag today, which was really quick, especially considering it was made to my colours. It is all I hoped for and more, slipped down the bow with a generous fit (I didn't want a wide bag, just a cover). Padded to save my Longhorn from the scratches and dings of life with me. Sue is a pleasure to deal with. My pictures are pathetic and i couldn't work out how to get them in next to each other, they do little credit to the detail and colours, sorry Sue.
bowbag.JPG
bowbag.JPG (58.11 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
bowbag detail.JPG
bowbag detail.JPG (15.54 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Sue also slipped in some limb covers/socks she is making. They are snug and the hand-tied design is an excellent camouflage, a good choice of colour and contrast and pretty besides! Make some more Sue, these will be great in either full sun or dappled light.
limb sock.JPG
limb sock.JPG (44.63 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
limb sock detail.JPG
limb sock detail.JPG (35.02 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
I couldn't be more pleased and Sue's prices are excellent (she should be charging more I think, not that I am going to complain at such excellent service, pricing and design!)

Support the talent we have hidden in amongst us, you KNOW you need a new bow-bag and for that next hunt/new bow/old favourite - try a set of wonderful bow socks!

longbow steve

Re: Sue's (little arrows) amazing work!

#2 Post by longbow steve » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm

Hey Jape, both the bag and sox look great, thanks for posting pics. Steve

little arrows

Re: Sue's (little arrows) amazing work!

#3 Post by little arrows » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Hi Jape,
thanks for your kind words.
I had some fun dying the material for the limb socks, and as the material is hand dyed every single limb sock will be unique.
I've decided to make them extra long, so each person can individualize them, so if you want them to go up and over the handle, they can, if not then cut it off to just cover the limb, or scrunch it all up to give it a 3D effect.
I will take some more photos and attach to the post this evening.
Price will be $15 per pair plus postage.
sue