My bowmaking efforts... so far

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

JoeLethbridge

My bowmaking efforts... so far

#1 Post by JoeLethbridge » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello
I've been (trying to) making selfbows and arrows for several years now, and this forum, along with my well thumbed copies of the Traditional Bowyers Bibles, has provided me with invaluable information.
For the past few years i have lurked in the background of this forum, asking questions and greedily seizing information, but have never given anything back in return. :shifty:
At the requests of a couple of people on this forum that I have met face - to - face, :clap: I will begin posting my projects, build-alongs and finished products here for your entertainment. :roll:
I apologise for the 3 year delay.

Joe.

BTW i have tried to upload photos in the form of files and computer says the files too big?!?

gazza

Re: My bowmaking efforts... so far

#2 Post by gazza » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:42 pm

don't stress mate we have all made lots of fire wood while trying to learn bow making lol Camping7 gazza.
The older i get the better i was

Nezwin

#3 Post by Nezwin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:59 pm

You can learn as much or more from broken bows and other mistakes. Always good to hear what's worked for others!

outbackarcher
Site Admin

#4 Post by outbackarcher » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:52 pm

JoeLethbridge wrote: BTW i have tried to upload photos in the form of files and computer says the files too big?!?
you may have too compress the files down or reduce the resolution if they are taken by a nice DSLR camera
Trad archery and bowhunting all the way.

rodlonq

#5 Post by rodlonq » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:02 pm

Looking forward to reading your posts Joe.

I resize my photos to 150 mm x 100 mm and 100 dpi, they always seem to load OK if I do this.

Cheers... Rod