DIY Side Quiver

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

Jim

DIY Side Quiver

#1 Post by Jim » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:21 pm

Hey guys,

So a while ago (I think I did a little post about it) I made my own side quiver out of an old field pack I had lying about. I got the design from an American chap through Traditional Bowhunter Magazine and I've been really happy with it.

Here's a pic I took while stumping this morning (you can't really see it in this pic but it has a cut out allowing access to the arrows from the pointy end):

So I hosted a photo of his design on my google drive, you'll need to download it and zoom in probably to read the measurements (all in inches of course):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_N7B2 ... sp=sharing

I don't have much experience using the google drive... if it's not working let me know...

His one was made out of nice thick leather and tied together with rawhide. It looked beautiful (as opposed to my obviously more amateur version :wink: ). Anyway, I've liked it so much I thought the design was worth sharing as it's incredibly simple and very functional.

Jim
"Structural Integrity of the entire arrow system is THE most important factor in terminal arrow performance. When structural integrity fails nothing else about your arrow's design matters."
-Doc Ashby

rodlonq

Re: DIY Side Quiver

#2 Post by rodlonq » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

Looks the goods Jim, there is nothing quite like the satisfaction that comes from building your own gear, well done mate.

Cheers.... Rod