Will you make me a sword stick/knife pair?

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

morganp

Will you make me a sword stick/knife pair?

#1 Post by morganp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:16 am

deleted, seems it may be illegal to request such
Last edited by morganp on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Will you make me a sword stick/knife pair?

#2 Post by kerry » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:25 am

Feel free to enlighten me but, would that not be considered to be a concealed weapon. :confused:
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

morganp

#3 Post by morganp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:51 am

deleted
Last edited by morganp on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kerry
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by kerry » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:58 am

Fair enough
Life is not a fairy tale,if you lose a shoe at midnight , you're drunk.

longbowinfected

#5 Post by longbowinfected » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:11 am

If it is listed as a prohibited weapon it would be an offence to possess such a prohibited weapon I would expect.
It would probably be an offence to manufacture pen guns and other prohibited weapons.
It may very well be an offence to manufacture a sword stick if it is a prohibited weapon.
Inducing someone to make a prohibited weapon might also be a problem.

This is something you should not dismiss lightly.
Going around kitted up for violence, especially with a hidden weapon and probably more so with possibly a prohibited weapon would not give you any wriggle room if the gendarmes detected this before an event and especially so if an event occurred.

Do you look good in green?
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Hamish

#6 Post by Hamish » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 am

These things can get pretty tricky, and it depends what state you live in. Many of these items are restricted imports into Australia, but I'm not sure about actual ownership, providing you aren't carrying them in public, without a legitimate reason.
Swords are legal to own in most states except VIC from memory where you are supposed to have a license and or registration(?).
Not so sure about sword canes regarding prohibition, if that is what you are referring to. Technically they are still swords, and if its not being carried in public as a potentially concealed weapon it could be legal to own.
I have seen legally sold Japanese swords and single edged knives, that look like a curved piece of bamboo until they are drawn from the scabbard.

If you wanted a decent sword it would have to get made by someone who knows their stuff re tempering, as swords are more than just really big knives, so it would cost big$.
You can legally own a lot of prohibited stuff as a collector providing you go though registration with your state police. Check their websites they should have information or contact details of someone who can tell you what is okay to own.
Hamish

longbowinfected

#7 Post by longbowinfected » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Sword sticks are specifically listed in the list of prohibited weapons in NSW and most other states.
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.