Glueing field tips to wood arrows.

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

Gringa Bows

Re: Glueing field tips to wood arrows.

#31 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 pm

i need one toooo

woodie

#32 Post by woodie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:38 pm

I've never had any truble with hot melt glue once the head has mean cleaned. After I glue them on and give them time to cool by dipping the head in water I them give them a twist with pliers to see if they move, if they do I reglue them. I have more problems with the target moving and my arrows missing them and breaking the shaft. Thats my excuse anyway.
woodie
thanks Jeff for fixing my setting. BS computers
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.

robmoore

#33 Post by robmoore » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

woodie wrote:I've never had any truble with hot melt glue once the head has mean cleaned. After I glue them on and give them time to cool by dipping the head in water I them give them a twist with pliers to see if they move, if they do I reglue them. I have more problems with the target moving and my arrows missing them and breaking the shaft. Thats my excuse anyway.
woodie
thanks Jeff for fixing my setting. BS computers
Yeah Woody -hot melt was meant for that job and if used correctly it works well.

but it is disappointing when the target was not placed where your arrow landed...

Bob

woodie

#34 Post by woodie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:50 pm

yes it happens to me alot. It is the same as you see where the arrow lands in plane sight but when you go to pick it up it has gone :lol: . Those bludy arrow fairies! :roll:
woodie
may your arrows fly straight and true and your limbs return.