Warfing

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiram

Warfing

#1 Post by Hiram » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 pm

I am looking for one fella that would like to learn the finer skills of converting old compound risers for others in Australia. I learned my trade from Bob Gordon, the original 'Warf Master". This a special trade to learn, and can only be passed to "one" good fella that will carry on the "Art" of converting to HDS and DAS attachments on risers. A small reasonable fee is charged to those who wish to have one of the Risers converted to except just about any ILF limb. I'm really looking for an 'Ambassador of Archery" kinda Mate to pass it onto for those good Australian Archers to have this in their reach without having to pay the high cost of shipping from the US. The applicant needs to have hand skills and some tools along with at least a drill press, and preferably a small milling machine to do DAS attachments etc. I have built 50-60 without the use of a drill press or milling machine but, these tools make it much more precise and easier.
God created all men equal, just different.

wishsong

Re: Warfing

#2 Post by wishsong » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 pm

That'd be a great skill to have , and you could'nt learn it off a better bloke .
Hiram is one of the good guys ......
Good to see you here mate...

Yours

a fellow friend of mr Emerson CQC7...lol !

aroadik

#3 Post by aroadik » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Have a look at www.tradtalk.com everything you need to know, you can do it yourself and is easy. Have done some myself and intend to do somemore, I go for the TD-3 20" riser converted to Das, also have some ilf plates for that style (ex USA-for my own use). Black bear risers are popular and others can be converted, the main thing to watch out for is the limb pad angle, this can throw your poundage estimates right out. Good fun, good luck ! cheers Pete.

Hiram

#4 Post by Hiram » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Yessir! You two guys are both "good ones" yourselves.
God created all men equal, just different.

aroadik

#5 Post by aroadik » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Cheers Sam ! Pete.