arra making in overdrive - question

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

looseplucker

arra making in overdrive - question

#1 Post by looseplucker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:01 pm

A mate just sent me, he said he would, but I told him to hang onto it, but he sent it anyway - a Jo-Jan 6 arra jig....full set of left and right helical clamps too.

But I've only ever used my cartel one - on the Jo-Jan, what is the function of the little metal ring at the non- nock end of the fletch?

I also note that the thing has 3 settings - R, S and L - but I think I've worked out that those need to be set correspondingly
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

longbow steve

Re: arra making in overdrive - question

#2 Post by longbow steve » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi John, I dont think the circular section serves other than to support the clamps when the unit is not in use?
The most important adjustment is to get the offset correct for the particular shaft diameter you are using to ensure full contact of the fletch.
The modules at the nock end can do 3 or 4 fletch by reversing.
I only have right wing helical on mine so dont know about the other features which i think would be Right/Straight and left. Steve

looseplucker

Re: arra making in overdrive - question

#3 Post by looseplucker » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm

OK - I did wonder about that - I bet some people have threaded the shafts through there...

......and then I found this: http://www.jojan.net/directions/directionsMulti.pdf
Are you well informed or is your news limited?