Couple more done

How to make a Bow, a String or a Set of Arrows. Making equipment & tools for use in Traditional Archery and Bowhunting.

Moderator: Moderators

dawallace45

Couple more done

#1 Post by dawallace45 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Got a couple more done now ,

One is 65# @ 28" , 68" NTN and 70" over all , 16" riser , riser is Kwila with a vertical lamination of Tulip wood , in the limbs there are three laminations of tulip wood and one of Coffee Bamboo flooring , it's 70# at my draw length

Next bow is 55# @ 28" , 68" NTN and 70" over all , 16" riser , riser is Zebrano bamboo , limbs are two laminations of Tulip wood , one of Coffee bamboo and one of Sallie Wattle , both bows shoot well , smooth draw , no stack , no hand shock , I draw 30" and there isn't a problem with that at all , the reason I went to the 16" riser was for a slightly longer working limb for those with a longer draw length like my self and so far it's seemed to work out well for me

The 65# one was originally meant to go 53# but as all my previous notes got blown across the paddock then rained on and I was using 3 laminations of Tulip wood for the first time I was flying blind and it ended up 65# , I wouldn't normally go higher than 55# using .040" glass so I'm keeping that for my self , don't foresee any major problem with it unless it's a bit of string follow

The 55# bow was meant to come out at 55# and was dead on , if things go as planed it should be going to a guy from Toowoomba

David

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Couple more done

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:46 pm

Good onya Dave; great to see a couple more bows come out of the workshop. That Zebrano Bamboo gives somes interesting effects.

Jeff

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Bill » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 pm

David :!: did you take pictures as your build went along :).
They look great,
Thanks for the show and tell, :mrgreen: I do envy you guy's that have such talent.
Look forward to your next build with pictures

Bill

Gringa Bows

#4 Post by Gringa Bows » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:11 pm

looking good Dave,all the pics are inside, so obviously raining up there too hey. :wink:

kimall

#5 Post by kimall » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm

I wouldnt worry about the glass thickness I have made them up to 70 pound with 40 thou glass, that is all I use as I rekon the thicker glass slows a bow down. :wink: Nice bows thanks for sharing and by the way I live in Toowoomba I will be watching the post now. :D
Cheers KIM

dawallace45

#6 Post by dawallace45 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks guys

Bill haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the build except for these

Will be doing another next week , will try and take pictures of the build as I go

David

Bill
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Bill » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi David, thanks for the extra pictures, looking forward to your next lot. 8) .........Bill

dawallace45

#8 Post by dawallace45 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Thanks Kim , although I'm pretty sure the guy the bow is going to isn't named Kim , but hopefully Rod will drag out the Chrono if I bring my bow down to check it out ,think he has one , could be wrong ,need to buy one my self again , had one once but some one shot it , never did find out who

Rod yeah , rain , good stuff , tanks are full but a little more wouldn't go astray

Bill will definitely try and remember to take some more pictures

David