Death of the Dreamcatcher

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Sparra

Death of the Dreamcatcher

#1 Post by Sparra » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:29 pm

Gaday fella's...I spent the weekend hunting goats on some very rough country and finally managed to bag one although it was with my compound.
Now...I got up early Saturday and strung my Martin Dream catcher and had about 2 dozen practice shots.I left it strung for the rest of the day and overnight wrapped up in a sheet,got up this morning and unwrapped it to go hunting and I couldn't believe my eyes...The laminate on the top limb had come adrift from the bow to almost half way down the limb :shock: :shock: Now the weather wasn't too hot and it was in the shade so does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened???
The fella I was with is a funiture maker and has taken it home to see if he can fix it but I don't know if will be the same...So now i'm on the lookout for another bow but I think I might save my pennys and get a brand spanker....
Regards...Sparra

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:40 pm

Sparra,

That is bad news. Unless the bow got very hot (which can cause a failure) I would say there must have been a problem when the bow was made and it finally let go. This happens some times. From what you describe I don't think the bow would be repairable. :(

I hope you find yourself a new one that will give you many years of service!!!

Jeff

jindydiver

#3 Post by jindydiver » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:43 pm

That's a shame bloke.

On the other hand, now you need to go looking at other bow to replace it :D
Mick

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:57 pm

Bummer mate ! :x

It was a nice looking bow. It looks like you'll have to use the old Centreshot for a while until you get the new one.

You're pretty lucky in that regard. There's a few good new bows getting about now. Dollar for dollar, I don't reckon you'd do better than ordering a new Chek-Mate Hunter T/D. There's a 4 to 6 month wait though.

You could buy on of the new Samick Equis bows like Kimall's. They're a nice looking bow.

Or you could lash out and buy something really flash and expensive. :D

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

woody

#5 Post by woody » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:14 am

Sparra,
My condolences on the loss of your bow, I hope you observed the mandatory 2 minutes silence, the loss of a good friend is always a sombre occasion. :cry:
That dream catcher was a very nice example of the bowyers art, I reckon you should look for another one. :D
Three things you can never take back, time past, an angry word and a well sped arrow

Pete

#6 Post by Pete » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:03 pm

G'day,
Sparra thats a shame mate. That was a nice shooting bow too, and pleasing to the eye. What do you think you will buy next?

Pete F

MaylandL

#7 Post by MaylandL » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:30 pm

Sorry to hear about your bow. Hope you are able to get back to shooting real soon.

Sparra

#8 Post by Sparra » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:40 pm

Gaday fella's...After chrissy I will have a serious look at checkmate bows...and I can still shoot Mary as I still have another recurve....
Regards...Sparra