Marksman Quivers - review of my latest toy

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

slinkymalinky

Marksman Quivers - review of my latest toy

#1 Post by slinkymalinky » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:22 pm

I had a parcel arrive for me today from Mark Pitts at Marksman quivers and I just had to show off my latest accessory. I already had a 6-arrow Marksman Quiver set up for my recurve, with a gripper to suit carbon arrows. This one is a 4 arrow set with a larger gripper size to suit woods for my longbow.

Mark's beautiful handiwork comes carefully packaged and it's like Christmas, opening all the individually wrapped pieces. The set contains a hood with matching gripper and strap-on brackets. The box also had clear, simple instructions in colour which made fitting the quiver to my bow a breeze.

There really is something about leather quivers from craftsmen who really care about their work that makes them something really special compared to the cookie-cutter mass manufactured models. Don't get me wrong, the performance of many mass produced quivers is excellent too but Mark's quivers have a look and a feel that isn't something you can get from plastic. My newly arrived quiver is in Tan, which for comparison I photographed next to the larger Brown quiver from my recurve.

The modular system is great and means I can swap hoods and grippers between bows. Both quivers are solid and stable on my bows and securely hold arrows. I don't have any problem with them effecting accuracy but I guess that's because I'm used to bow-mounted quivers. I think that for anyone who is worried about they're effect on shooting, it's just like any other change to any part of your gear or form... it's just something you get used to if you choose to.

When all is said and done, the real magic of my latest toy, like my other Marksman quiver, is that they make any bow look awesome. More big raps for another local small archery business... Great to have found another one.

Cheers, Tony
"There is no spoon"

clinton miller

Re: Marksman Quivers - review of my latest toy

#2 Post by clinton miller » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm

yep mark is a very clever guy. his designs are very well thought out.

all you need now is an arrowmac from mark and you'll have nice dry feathers too. it's a brillant idea that too. :wink:
The degree of satisfaction gained from the accomplishment of a goal is directly proportional to the hardships and challenges overcome in order to achieve it.

border black douglas recurve 70# & 58# HEX6-H BB2 limbs
brigalow selfbow with rawhide string

Buranurra

#3 Post by Buranurra » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Great looking quivers you have there.
Predator: Custom, 60", 42# and 57# @28
Toelke: Whip Custom 62", 57# @28
Jack B Harrison : El Lobo 62", 58# @28

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#4 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Not into bow quivers myself but that one looks like a nicely crafted bit of kit.

Jeff

Macca

#5 Post by Macca » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Very nice quivers, I like the six arrow quiver . What are the arrows in that quiver ?

Cheers Macca