Samick Phantom arrives !!!!!!

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

RobHunter

Samick Phantom arrives !!!!!!

#1 Post by RobHunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi all

ITS HERE !!!!!!!!

My new bow arrived in good condition - a week after it was sent.
Packaging was adequate, but in my opinion if it wasn't handled properly the riser could be damaged.
Was a bit worried as the box had Polaris written on it, but was all good. I did notice that they had a Phantom
riser on special "out of Bow", guessing thats what I got. Was still cheaper for complete bow.

On the bow I noticed the riser had no rug rest which was listed on Lanchasters webpage, also that the invoice stated
B-50 dacron string, but should have been a DF string. I've sent an email already. One of the attractions of the Phantom was the inclusion of both these items in the price. I'll see what happens...if they suppply them its no big deal.

After the initial check I assembled the bow. Did also notice that the felt on one side of the mount had bubbles in the centre, but they flattened ok. Bolted on easy with the supplied hex key, Checked the alignment, bottom limb does overhang by a bee's doover more on one side, but string is dead centre.

The finish overall could be better, but for the price its ok. A fair number of pits on the riser, and the varnish on the arrow
shelf is rough at front and back, the contact area is smooth though. The limbs are great. I was indecisive about whether to get a model with Clear or black glass - the black looks good. I'll consider refinishing after a while, also the riser shape could be rounded, making it look better. The grip shape is very comfortable on my hand, and I have big hands.

Loosed a few arrows, cock feather out shoots well. The carbons I had were cock feather up, removed and replaced the nocks. Very smooth and easy to draw, and seems to fly where I point, they fly out, hard to tell how soon they straighten, I would say they fishtail a bit, with field points. I read the Easton Tune up guide which said a little more weight
at the point will fix that. I did fit the No Gloves, very easy on the fingers, we'll see how thay last.Its makes it easy to find your nocking point. My arrows are 30" and I draw right to the tip, very smooth.

I checked the Draw weight, spot on 50# at 28" and 53# at 29"

Overall really happy with my purchase. Just the String and Rug rest a little annoying.But these things happen... a sign of a Good business is how they respond... I'll let you know.

Rgds Rob

ps shame it didn't arrive b4 my trip to Robinvale.
Attachments
bow006.jpg
bow006.jpg (55.52 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
bow005.jpg
bow005.jpg (44.04 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
bow04.jpg
bow04.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
bow003.jpg
bow003.jpg (47.72 KiB) Viewed 2733 times
bow002.jpg
bow002.jpg (70.74 KiB) Viewed 2733 times

longbowinfected

Re: Samick Phantom arrives !!!!!!

#2 Post by longbowinfected » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:43 pm

We put no gloves on our club beginner bows. They can be a tad difficult to put on. They certainly work well.
If you are thinking of going into competitions I suggest you check if they are allowed. They are not allowed in WA/FITA/AA. I remember a veteran longbow archer being knocked back in a field shoot in ACT.

Kevin
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

discord

#3 Post by discord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Looks great, mate! I'm so jealous, I keep checking the USPS tracking and mine's been sitting in New York since Saturday :cry:
HAIL ERIS!

Fraser

#4 Post by Fraser » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Looks nice, I'm not a recurve aficionado, but way do some bows have a short riser like this one? While others have quite a long riser?

Fraser.

Buranurra

#5 Post by Buranurra » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Looks great! Congrats!
Predator: Custom, 60", 42# and 57# @28
Toelke: Whip Custom 62", 57# @28
Jack B Harrison : El Lobo 62", 58# @28

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Congrats on the new bow Rob. I looks good to me. :biggrin:

Jeff

RobHunter

#7 Post by RobHunter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:45 pm

Hey all

Sent Lancaster an email re string and rest - no reply resent today and they replied almost immediately.

They apologized and are sending DF string and rest in the mail, seems Samick have stopped suppling them from factory.

Can't knock the customer service.

Rgds

Rob

Curvemeister

#8 Post by Curvemeister » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Very nice bow ,congrats , i like the style of the riser alot .
If it shoots as good as it looks your well in front .
had good dealings with lancaster archery also , they ship quick , and saved a heap of money kitting out my compound through them.
Wouldnt hesitate to buy from them again.
Athens Accomplice 34 70#
Assenheimer T/D recurve 64" 65#@28
Internature Hunter T/D recurve 58" 60#@28
Bear Tigercat recurve 56" 58#@28
York Cadet recurve 62" 20#@28 ( first ever bow 1984)

RobHunter

#9 Post by RobHunter » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:01 am

Hey all

DF String just arrived, so again fantastic customer Service from Jim at Lancaster

rgds

Rob

lanky

#10 Post by lanky » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

Looks great!!, still waiting for my Samick!!
Wherever you go......there you are!

perry

#11 Post by perry » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:08 pm

The Bow looks great, Samick are great value for money. Lancaster have always given me top service.

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

RobHunter

#12 Post by RobHunter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Final Photo

Mounted on rack above my desk, made the rack out of part of a branch of an Aussie native
in the backyard. Quiver is going to hang from same pegs, when finished

Not usually strung.

Rgds

Rob