Questions for first Woodies

Where to source materials etc. Also the place to show off your new bow or quiver etc.... Making things belongs in Traditional Crafts.

Moderator: Moderators

Fraser

Re: Questions for first Woodies

#31 Post by Fraser » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Looks like santa came early this year Jase, finaly got of the naughty list did we? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buranurra

#32 Post by Buranurra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Fraser wrote:Looks like santa came early this year Jase, finaly got of the naughty list did we? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL :lol: I am never off the naughty list!
Predator: Custom, 60", 42# and 57# @28
Toelke: Whip Custom 62", 57# @28
Jack B Harrison : El Lobo 62", 58# @28

Buranurra

#33 Post by Buranurra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Oh I forgot to add that I purchased a Bitzenburger RW Helical Jig last month! $69 from a shop in the US.

Fraser

#34 Post by Fraser » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Buranurra wrote:
Fraser wrote:Looks like santa came early this year Jase, finaly got of the naughty list did we? :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL :lol: I am never off the naughty list!
Neither am I

blu-dog

#35 Post by blu-dog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm

AndyF wrote:Hey there,

8. Learn how to straighten wooden shafts and keep them straight. It's really easy and you don't need anything fancier than an old screwdriver to do it. It's amazing how many people I see at trad shoots with bent arrows. And they wonder why they miss.

I can give you plenty of tips on splicing feathers too, but I need pictures to help explain that - which is why I'm re-writing my 'How To' guide. Should be done by early next year.

Hope some of that helps.

Andy

I'd love to find out more about the screwdriver technique for straightening arrow shafts - I haven't heard of that one before. Sorry for the thread hijack... :biggrin:
The best trophies I can hope to acquire as a husband, father, friend or hunter are MEMORIES!
They will travel with me wherever life's path leads...

Buranurra

#36 Post by Buranurra » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm

blu-dog wrote:
AndyF wrote:Hey there,

8. Learn how to straighten wooden shafts and keep them straight. It's really easy and you don't need anything fancier than an old screwdriver to do it. It's amazing how many people I see at trad shoots with bent arrows. And they wonder why they miss.

I can give you plenty of tips on splicing feathers too, but I need pictures to help explain that - which is why I'm re-writing my 'How To' guide. Should be done by early next year.

Hope some of that helps.

Andy

I'd love to find out more about the screwdriver technique for straightening arrow shafts - I haven't heard of that one before. Sorry for the thread hijack... :biggrin:
No probs about drifting the thread, it is all good info for me. I am pretty sure that you use the shaft of the screwdriver and rub the convex part of the bend to straighten. Holding the arrow on around a 45 degree angle with the point on a stable surface.

No doubt others will be able to explain this better than I.

Cheers

Jase