Slow motion arrows

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Chase N. Nocks

Slow motion arrows

#1 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:23 pm

This is way cool. Slow motion arrows from a bow. The last one breaking with bits flying either side of the riser..even with a shooting glove it's scary..nice music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWrcpzu ... re=related
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

stringnstik

Re: Slow motion arrows

#2 Post by stringnstik » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 am

Neat, very relaxing watching that...until the arrow split at least :)
"I am the arrow..the arrow is me...together as one...I fly to thee"
"the stick maybe crooked and the string hath no form,
then married by bowyer, transforms when first drawn"
"twang....thud"

perry

#3 Post by perry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 am

Love watching slow motion footage of the Archers Paradox. Like the haunting music aswell, sorta Celtic and back in the midst of time.

Braver man than me setting up to break an arrow in the bow. I had a carbon arrow blow up in my bow 12 months or so ago, I still swear it had not had a hit but thats beside the point. It shattered into 3 pieces on release. The front piece continued unobstructured towards the target , the middle section speared into the sight window onto the arrow shelf near my thumb and tumbed forward of the shooting line and the last 6 inches of the shaft speared into my bow quiver striking another carbon arrow amidships shattering that one and them rebounding back past my right eye. Definately dodged a bullet

When the Olympics was being telecsat they had a slow motion camera set up behind the archers that tracked the arrow to target, amazing the flexing and gyrations of an arrow in flight all the way to the target.

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Doug Bourman

#4 Post by Doug Bourman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:50 am

Thats some cool footage interresting to see how far down the shot the arrow starts to spin.

Chase N. Nocks

#5 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 pm

I was facinated by how far the arrow bent before it snapped. Almost like a liquid.
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

pdccr

#6 Post by pdccr » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 pm

Nice clip, in regards to the target, has anyone tried a rope style target butt?
Cheers, Toby