Dads Day

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

The Gnome!

Dads Day

#1 Post by The Gnome! » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Happy fathers day guys :D

Mine was great hugs and kisses and a couple Bundy Rums :lol: how bout yours ?

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 pm

Yeah mate I had a good one also. Jude and I had a special breakfast with my daughter and son inlaw and our beautiful little granddaughter. :D

Jeff

Shadow

#3 Post by Shadow » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:14 pm

My very first 'Dadgy's' day today and I've had a ball. Very special indeed. :D

Mick

Mick Smith

#4 Post by Mick Smith » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:44 pm

I've had a great day too. Pressies and kisses in bed first thing. A nice relaxed morning playing with my archery gear, followed by a long stroll up along my local rabbit infested creek carrying my newest bow. 8) The meals of my choice all day. As I said, a great day. :)

Mick
There is no use focusing on aiming if you don't execute the shot well enough to hit what your are aiming at.

Hood

#5 Post by Hood » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:57 pm

Breakfast in bed and a hand made present by Bella at daycare. and all the hugs and kisses she could give what more could you ask for.
And yesterday got to see my unborn sons face for the first time through a 3d scan now thats way cool. :D
Bow Hunting is my Passion.

My wife says it's my Obsession.

Either way I'm happy.

buzz

#6 Post by buzz » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:27 pm

The Mrs was at work by 7, so breakfast in bed was provided by the 7 and 10y.o.

Took the kids to the archery club and the little girl had her first shooting session, and seemed to enjoy it. She also liked seeing the local SCA in full garb (she brought her own cape, just in case....). The boy made a solid effort and I got a few shots in as well, so it was good.

Unexpected highlight was seeing the twisted footing shafts made by Tim (timmah) from this forum. Purple heart... *very* impressive!

looseplucker

#7 Post by looseplucker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Mine was also my daughter's 2nd birthday. Did presents, cooked a breakfast bbq, did a laminate glue-up on a greybeard style bow (used titebond II and the boo delaminated for the second time), went down to the lake, played cricket, bounced a soft plastic around the rocks near the dam wall (ducks eggs, but very meditative), fiddled around with some broadhead templates, cleaned up the shed, went out with the boy and played some more cricket, came home and had dinner, sat by the fire with a glass of red and some bow making plans.
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

longbow steve

#8 Post by longbow steve » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Nothing like a nice De-lamination for Fathers Day :)

looseplucker

#9 Post by looseplucker » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:56 pm

Beats soap on a rope. Actually, my kids gave me some craft stuff they had done which was a hoot.

Steve- that is a Frogmouth in your avatar? I had a pair in a she-oak inmy garden for months, but now there is only one - hope the other didn't come to a sticky end.
Are you well informed or is your news limited?