Out of action for a while...

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

hunterguy1991

Out of action for a while...

#1 Post by hunterguy1991 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:38 am

Morning all,

Took a bit of a tumble playing touch football Thursday night last week and as a result have ended up with a grade 3 AC disruption (snapped 2 ligaments in my left shoulder)... Means around 3 weeks of nothing then a few weeks of rehab before it should be right again.

Really hoping it doesn't mess with my heavy bow shooting but only time will tell I guess. Wont be able to make or shoot any bows or arrows for around 5 weeks I reckon...

Accidents happen tho :sad:

Colin

Roadie

Re: Out of action for a while...

#2 Post by Roadie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Ay Colin, that is not Good News to hear. Just try and relax and hopefully you will be able to get back to doing what you want. Take Care. Cheers Roadie.

rodlonq

#3 Post by rodlonq » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:59 am

Hope you have a quick and complete recovery Colin.

Cheers... Rod

perry

#4 Post by perry » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:48 am

I did that same Injury - twice - when i was playing Indoor Cricket. 5 or 6 Weeks Mate and you'll be able to EASE back into it. Take Care !!

regards Jacko
"To my deep morticication my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

- Charles Darwin

Hamish

#5 Post by Hamish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:26 am

Don't jump straight back into the heavy bows, ease your way back into it. I don't want you turning into a sad **** cripple like myself.

hunterguy1991

#6 Post by hunterguy1991 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:13 pm

I can barely hold a bow up at the moment... there will be no shooting of any kind for quite a while. Will be easing back into shooting very very slowly. If im back shooting 100lbs by xmas I will be surprised.

Sabinus

#7 Post by Sabinus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:17 pm

At least it is your left shoulder - I've a faintly lingering impingement in my left shoulder, but shooting right handed the left side does have the slightly easier role......
Your patience with rehab will be CRITICAL! If you think you may be around the mark come christmas, pile on the caution and aim for March instead. Shoulders are buggers - try and rush back and it's a chance to be an issue for a really long time.....
Best of luck mate