Email Scams

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Roadie

Email Scams

#1 Post by Roadie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:29 am

Morning All, Over the past couple of weeks I have received notifcation fom a British Lottery saying that I have won a 1/4 share of 1 million pounds. They ask you to comfirm that who your are and your email address is correct. They give you the address of the lottery house, phone numbers to ring, the name of the person to call or their email address. It all seems above board, But Be Aware. The police fraud squad have informed me, it is a Scam, its just people trying to get into your computor, by getting you to confirm your details etc. If only it was true, a 1/4 share of 1 million pounds would be nice. Just be carefull everyone. Cheers All Roadie.

rodlonq

Re: Email Scams

#2 Post by rodlonq » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up Roadie. The people running these scams are lower than a snakes belly :evil:

Would be nice if you had of won the 1/4M pounds tho :D

Cheers......... Rod

muntries

#3 Post by muntries » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:01 pm

unless you've bought a UK lottery ticket or entered into the draw then you wouldn't be eligible for a win anyway, easiest way of finding out is checking your numbers to the numbers that were drawn that week.

I love the emails from nigeria asking me to give me all my details, bank details, passport, first born child etc and in exchange they'll give me some money from some despot who has fled into exhile desperate to give away all their accumulated wealth. As if!!
"With staff in hand, the hunter stood on Radholme's dewy lawn" The Hunters Song (Olde Lancashire Poem) by Richard Parkinson.

Jeffro

#4 Post by Jeffro » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:38 pm

Roadie,im surprised you even thought it might be legit at all

hows this one I recently got, what a classic :D

Attn: Beneficiary, This is to congratulate you for scaling through the hurdles of screening by the board of directors of this payment task force. Your payment file was approved and the instruction was given to release your unclaimed funds of US$950,000.00 U.S Dollars Your payment will be sent to you via Courier, below are few list of Tracking numbers you can track from UPS and DHL websites to confirm people like you who have received their payment successfully. Mike Oster ============== 1ZA2839E0200022189 Anne Lesley============== 2569467364 We have arranged with the couriers company that you should pay only the shipment charges for the parcel which is only $250 U.S Dollars Below are details you will use in sending the fee through western union money transfer or money Gram. Receivers; Name: Andrea Jerry Receivers: Address: Lagos, Nigeria Test Question: Sent Test Answer: Yes Senders Name. Address. Mtcn I wait the payment information to enable us proceed for the delivering of your card, also reconfirms to us your full home address to deliver the Card to avoid any mistake on the delivery. Thank you and have a wonderful day. Dr. Andrew Richardson Director Remittance/Foreign Operation Dept, Intercontinental Bank Plc +23417948590

Keith Lee

#5 Post by Keith Lee » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks roadie NO there the dirt below the worms belly.

looseplucker

#6 Post by looseplucker » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:55 pm

So what do I do with the cheque they sent me?
Are you well informed or is your news limited?

bigbob

#7 Post by bigbob » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:57 pm

:lol:
looseplucker wrote:So what do I do with the cheque they sent me?
Heh heh heh :shock:
nil illigitimo in desperandum carborundum
razorbows.com