digital photo editing

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

Buford

digital photo editing

#1 Post by Buford » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:55 pm

this is sort of a continuation of trash boss's digital camera thread, but not advice on cameras, so i thought i would start a new one :D

thought you guys might be interested to see just what is possible with the right software package to go with your digital camera.

i used adobe photoshop 7 to create this wonderous piece of forgery. (cause we all know Cletus cant get that close to a real one!) :lol: :lol:
only took about 10 mins.
cheers :wink:
Buford
Attachments
album_pic.jpg
album_pic.jpg (132.27 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
Stupid TV! Be more funny!

erron

#2 Post by erron » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:36 pm

Little white deer; little white lies :!:

:lol:
i thought i would start a new one
- hmm, guess you can teach an old dog new tricks :!: :!:

:P

E.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:48 pm

(cause we all know Cletus cant get that close to a real one!)

Your a cruel man Buford but we appreciate your sense of humor :lol:

Jeff

Griffo

#4 Post by Griffo » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:51 pm

Try adjusting the sharpness of the image to help 'blur' that "fake" appearance that it has...

Griffo :D

trash boss

#5 Post by trash boss » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:57 pm

Can I ask a question? What sort of camera did you use? Brand,megapixels etc.Hopefully we should have ours next week,we settled for the canon powershot g5 and are getting a 512 memory card as well. I can't wait to get it so that I can play with it a bit before we actually start our holiday.

Jo

ozlongbow

#6 Post by ozlongbow » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:01 am

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement.
And you call that a sense of humour, Jeff?

Cletus
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#7 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:35 am

LindsEy or is that with an "A",

Anyway mate, working where you do and being the boss an all, you should be able to get those Photoshop experts there to do a real good job on Ol' Buford now shouldn't ya? Of course we would expect ya to share it all with us as well cause some of us on here have never seen him - that may be a good thing though. :lol:

Jo,

That's good news about getting the the G5 and that big memory card. You better take a few shots of Butcho to give it a real test - perhaps try out the zoom. :shock: :D

Jeff

ozlongbow

#8 Post by ozlongbow » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:47 am

Jeff
You assume I have a picture of him. So many scary memories, who needs photos!
Cletus
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men."
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

Buford

#9 Post by Buford » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:33 am

So many scary memories, who needs photos!
:shock: your tellin me! but we wont go there will we :wink:

Try adjusting the sharpness of the image to help 'blur' that "fake" appearance that it has...
yeah, maybe some radial blur around the deer as well to symbolise the concentration on the target? i should have at least made the light sources come from the same direction :evil:

jo,
took the pic of Lindsay at an archery shoot with my conon eos 5 film camera, scanned the neg at work, and pulled the pic of the deer of the net. hence it only took about 10 mins. but you can go to all sorts of lengths to make it look origional, like shadow matching the light source of the 2 pics, i could have lowered the midtone and/ or highlight levels on cletus to make the contrast levels about the same... yadda yadda yadda. but i'm too lazy :P
we settled for the canon powershot g5
:shock: thats not settling, thats a fine bit of gear! :)

- hmm, guess you can teach an old dog new tricks
hey! i'm in my prime! :lol:
cause some of us on here have never seen him - that may be a good thing though.
do you really wanna see "the best lookin guy in the factory"? :D

BEHOLD!!!! The Adonis! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
album2_pic.jpg
album2_pic.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 3799 times

ozlongbow

#10 Post by ozlongbow » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:49 am

THE CAPTION CONTEST BEGINS HERE!

My entry:

"Y'all said you wanted it well done, right?"

Cletus
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

erron

#11 Post by erron » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:54 am

Oh, I get it, it's the BBQ! Thought it was just the guy who got too close to the sun, but wait, different god, yeah :?: :wink:

E.

Buford

#12 Post by Buford » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:39 pm

My entry:-

"hey Brandine! i fort ya'll said you done lowered the gasoline content of the moonshine?"

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#13 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:44 am

Yep, Thet thar shine is about distilled jist rite!!!

Hey Buford yous jist a youngin or have ya bin playin wif the photoshop agin? Yous makes us mor matewr blokes look old. :D

Jeff

ozlongbow

#14 Post by ozlongbow » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:00 am

Jeff
Yeah he's just a pup. And happy to give me a hard time about being older. He's good like that.
Cletus
Maurice Thompsen, 1878.

Buford

#15 Post by Buford » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:01 am

yeah, i done seen the other side of 25 winters. some folk may thin' i'm a youngun', but i can still wrestle a hog like me granpappy! :lol:

trash one

#16 Post by trash one » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:15 am

Hay need alittle help from you mob,
My better half JO got alot of good advice and help from you mob on witch camera to get, but JO a got strange call yesterday from some body asking that after she gets the camera if she could take a photo of me in nothing but my padded pushbike pants and send it to him, any help in tracking down this pervert would be great, the only thing JO could recall 41 was the first two numbers that were on the caller ID. I think that is the Maryborough area.

CATCH YA
BUTCH

Buford

#17 Post by Buford » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:23 am

:shock:

wish i could help, but the only person i know from maryborough is Jeff. and i'm quite sure he's too nice a person to do somethin' like that! :D

buford

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#18 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:57 pm

Sounds like Butcho might be tellin a little white one here. I heard the caller wanted a photo of Butcho in his bike gear as he couldn't believe that he was joinin those other TRASHIE bikers in there colourful satin (opps don't forget the padded part) long johns or whatever they call them. :shock:

I mean especially after he was commentin on here how far those other blokes would go and that he wouldn't be seen dead in those things. I can just see it now, Strowie (TRASH), Hot Lips Hovi (MICC) and Butcho (TRASH ONE) on the Gidgee to Lawn Hill ride.

I'm sure others on here would like to see a photo as well as we all tend enjoy a laugh!!! At least we won't have to worry about fallin off our bikes - just our chairs. :lol:

Jeff

erron

#19 Post by erron » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:03 pm

If there's a lens built can survive that, I'd like to see the snap!

:lol:

Erron