Test to a post graphic

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

erron

Test to a post graphic

#1 Post by erron » Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:09 pm

just a test!!! :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][url][/url][img]

okay, I can't figuer it out![/img][/list][/list]

Jay

Looks good mate

#2 Post by Jay » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:06 pm

G'day Erron. You've obviously put some work into this! I sincerely hope it goes well for you, and I look forward to spending some time here and maybe learning some things. You plan on having a chatroom? Mind if I invite a couple of others to join? Take care mate. Jay.

erron

#3 Post by erron » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:15 pm

Mate,

Welcome to Ozbow!

Yes, I'll definitely get a chat room happening in the near future, if you think there's call for it? Might take a week or two, I want to get the rest of the site looking a little more substantial first :oops:

Please invite anyone you want, to join. The more the merrier :)

Thanks for dropping by,

Cheers,

Erron

Jay

#4 Post by Jay » Sat Jul 26, 2003 3:31 pm

Took me a while to find out how to do stuff here- I hain't real brite. (ggg). I posted something in the traditional tackle section- it still says there are no posts there- just takes a while to come up? Jay

erron

#5 Post by erron » Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:35 pm

Yes, it's slow at the moment. Hope it's just the time of day. It's been faster at other times.

Erron

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:39 pm

Congrats Erron on getting this up and running!!!

I wish you well and I'm sure it will soon grow. I look forward to some great times on here. Jeff

erron

#7 Post by erron » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:52 am

Me too Jeff!

Thanks for coming,

Erron

Glenn Newell

#8 Post by Glenn Newell » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:17 pm

Erron how do you get a photo up again, I have been trying to pull one off my files and post one but i can't do it...Glenn...

erron

#9 Post by erron » Sun Jul 27, 2003 3:50 pm

Okay, things get a bit techy here.

If you want to post an image, then you do it in the format of:

[img]www.imageURLhere.com/image.gif[/*img]

So, if I have an image at my directory on the net, and its path is:

www.ozbow.net/images/erronsimage

I do this:

1) I click on the 'Img' box above my post when I'm posting. (you may notice it now has an asterisk next to it, indicating the 'image post' operation has begun, but not been concluded.)

This gives me:

[img]

in my post.

2) I enter the entire path of my file, including its name, directly after this:

So now I have:

[img]www.ozbow.net/images/erronsimage

3) Lastly, I have to 'close' the image instruction, by clicking on the 'Img' box once more.

Which gives me:

[img]www.ozbow.net/images/erronsimage[/img]

in the body of my post.

Lastly, make sure you have the boxes below your postentry box set correctly. Disable HTML in this post & Disable BBCode in this post should NOT be ticked.

hope this works. The main problem is having the image on a publicly accessible net computer, and knowing the correct path to it.

Let me know how you go,

Erron

gundy

#10 Post by gundy » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:17 pm

I am here and what a great Job Erron!

I plan on hanging about....send me an email sometime with where you are at...I am in Melbourne all of the time...maybe a beer one night?

erron

#11 Post by erron » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:31 pm

gundy,

welcome mate, I'm glad you made it! :lol:

Definitely would be great to catch up some night, I'll email you my phone number: give me a call!

As to posting a graphic, this is looking better in the medium term. There is already a modification available that allows you to ATTACH a graphic file, but it is taking me a bit to work out how to use it. The exciting news is that the new release of this BB software has a user-friendly interface for posting graphics, apparently. It should be out in the next few months, so watch this space :P

Anyway, have to go: wife keeps telling me 12 hours a day in front of a PC makes for a dull man!

cheers, and welcome to you!

Erron

gundy

#12 Post by gundy » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:40 pm

Pic courtesy of 3Rivers archery for test...

Your wife sounds like mine Erron...=)

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#13 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:35 pm

G'day Gundy,

Welcome to the site. Seems you know how to use the computer better than Erron :lol: By that I mean it's good to see a photo on here. If that is you in the photo please share the story with us. Jeff

erron

#14 Post by erron » Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:33 pm

Hey Jeff, I've been up to my neck, but I'm learning:

Howzat?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gundy,

I take it that's not you, but a photo you scanned from 3Rivers? It sure looks nice from this end :shock:

BTW, this might be a good place to put in a plug for Whitings Warehouse in QLD: they're the Aussie distributors for 3Rivers. If you don't know them, they're about to go in the Links page. Get the 3Rivers catalogue and drool :P

Erron

toz

#15 Post by toz » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:12 pm

Hi Erron, i've finally got here,looks great.Looking forward to catching up with everyone. :D By the way I'm about to retire so look out all you hunters, those trips we've talked about are on the board. :wink:

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#16 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:38 pm

Gee Erron by that photo you've gotten prettier with age :)

G'day Toz. You retirin'? Would you know what to do with yourself in the daylight? Sure will be a chage for ya but one I'm sure you will enjoy. Might be able to make up a few more bows now hey? Look forward to catchin up with ya on here some more. Jeff

Singlestring

Same subject as the last page!

#17 Post by Singlestring » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:40 pm

Thanks Erron for the BIG plug.(actually Guy is a customer)but thanks again for mentioning Whitings Warehouse.
While on about Plugs ! very happy to anounce we just recieved copies of the current "Primitive Archer" magazine and will now be listed as 'Aussie Distributers'
We should have next issue in a few weeks .
G'day Toz I Feel bad now your retiring and I'm just starting an Apprentiship.
I'm flying to Brisbane Friday Morning for Tech. will be there till 13 th let us know if we can get together for a shot or a hunt.

Erron I'm still trying to workout what to send you for the links might have to be after come back from Brisbane.
By the way love the name "campfires".
It's Good Shootin Wood!
Steve Whiting.

Singlestring

GREAT PHOTO

#18 Post by Singlestring » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:48 pm

By the way Erron,good to see ya keepin ya head above water mate! :lol:
It's Good Shootin Wood!
Steve Whiting.

Mark

#19 Post by Mark » Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:55 pm

Heck ..... I dunno Single string, I kinda like them "alloys" :lol:

Mark K.

gundy

#20 Post by gundy » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:26 pm

yep, already know Whitings W/house well....

about to fletch 2 dozen woods as we speak guys....ready for the weekend...

Singlestring

#21 Post by Singlestring » Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:53 am

One thing I forgot to put in if anyone wants Primitive Archer Magazine we can do it for $12 Aust. +postage$1.60 .
Don't know why Mark ,I get as good a results from wood(try to catch you when I'm down there).
Good luck on the weekend Guy.
It's Good Shootin Wood!
Steve Whiting.

erron

#22 Post by erron » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:51 am

Hey guys, few posts to catch up for me here.

First, welcome Toz! Retiring, you're kidding, young bloke like you? Well, just as long as you don't fritter your time away on too many non-bow related pursuits Seriously, that's excellent news, I know what a worker you are, you deserve time off! Looking forward to your posts. Put some piccies of your bows up here, yeah? If you have trouble posting them, send them to me and I'll put them up. We may need a separate web page for photos, who knows?

Gundy, yeah I thought you would know Whitings, just putting the name up for those who don't Did you say where you are off to this weekend? Been a busy week, can't remember

Singlestring, welcome to the site. What's the apprenticeship? You can certainly put me down for Primitive Archer, BTW. Great mag. Send it with the nocks order, when you get around to it, yeah?

Hey Mark, you've just given me an idea for the first poll here: what do you use, wood or other for arrows? Don't answer here, I'll put it up as a separate poll type post.

Cheers fellahs,

Erron

Singlestring

#23 Post by Singlestring » Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:54 pm

G'day Erron,
Upholstery. Your nocks already left and your Primitive Archer's in the mail today thanks .
Keep up the great work i'm off for two weeks.
It's Good Shootin Wood!
Steve Whiting.

erron

#24 Post by erron » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:45 am

Hey, upholstery, that's a good trade/skill :!:

all the best with it, and enjoy your break, if that's what it is :)

Erron

Glenn Newell

#25 Post by Glenn Newell » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:18 am

Erron I cant find where I could browse my files and post a graphic from my computer. Can I still do that or can't I see it for looking at it? Do I have to load a photo from my personal album on OZbow?

erron

#26 Post by erron » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:08 am

Glenn, when you post, scroll down towards the bottom of the page until you get something like the screen shot below. When you click on browse, you can find the file on your pc. Then click on Add Attachment. The screen shudders, scrolls and other things - if your pc is old and sick like mine - and when you come back you see the second screen shot, with the file attached.

A warning about an annoying quirk in this: if you want pics to appear in a sequence, post the one you want to appear last, first. The way it goes is the subsequent pics get stacked on top of that one, so you can get them in the reverse order to what you want.

There is also an FAQ section at the top of the screen which answers questions like this, if you can't wait for me to come online to get an answer.

cheers,

Erron
Attachments
This is what you see first.
This is what you see first.
screen_dump.jpg (66.54 KiB) Viewed 5921 times
This is what you see after you have successfully attached the file.
This is what you see after you have successfully attached the file.
screen_dump2.jpg (68.84 KiB) Viewed 5925 times

Glenn Newell

#27 Post by Glenn Newell » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:16 am

I have seen that before and I have used that to add pictirue but that window has dissappeared altogether now. After the Add signature and Smiles there is only Topic Review.

erron

#28 Post by erron » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:10 am

That's weird, your profile seems okay.

Try rebooting your pc. Sometimes if you're running low on memory an application only shows the essentials. You might also have other memory Hogging appliactions running at the same time?

Keep me posted; I'm online this morning.

Erron

Glenn Newell

#29 Post by Glenn Newell » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:27 am

No just tried it and still nothing, got me buggered.

Tuffcity

#30 Post by Tuffcity » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:29 am

erron,

I have the same problem as Glenn. Don't you love us any more? :cry: :lol:

RC
That which doesn't kill me better run for cover...