The Web, Reatailers and Archery.

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

GrahameA

The Web, Reatailers and Archery.

#1 Post by GrahameA » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 am

Morning All.

An interesting article concerning 3Rivers and marketing Archery. It shows why they are staying at the front of the "game".

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/small-busines ... views/2021
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Web, Reatailers and Archery.

#2 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

Interesting Grahame. If 3rivers is a small retail business what are our Aussie Trad retailers; minuscule retail businesses. :lol:

Jeff

GrahameA

#3 Post by GrahameA » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Jeff.

I would call 3Rivers small.

The ABS defines a small business as a business having less than 20 employees. http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/mf/1321.0

Businesses do not necessarily need a large number of employees to a) have a large turnover, or b) have a large cash-flow.
Grahame.
Shoot a Selfbow, embrace Wood Arrows, discover Vintage, be a Trendsetter.

"Unfortunately, the equating of simplicity with truth doesn't often work in real life. It doesn't often work in science, either." Dr Len Fisher.

stickslinger

#4 Post by stickslinger » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm

To be totally honest, "3 rivers" and their reviews were the deciding factor in me buying a Samick Sage. When i saw the price on other sites, i thought a bow that cheap would be rubbish. But after reading all the customer reviews about it, i went ahead and got one...best decision ever! talk about "bang for your buck."

3 Rivers are an excellent resource for Trad Gear and it's good to see they are prospering. Their customer service is second to none.
I'm a happy customer. :biggrin:

Buranurra

#5 Post by Buranurra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Have to agree, 3 Rivers are really good on all fronts - I have had three parcels arrive over the last 4 weeks, and dropped a fair amount of dough. I would much prefer to support local but there is not the range or the price that can compare. With our dollar so high and my budget so tight I really don't have any choice.

Any questions are always answered very promptly, which I am saddened to say has not been the case with a couple of Aussie retailers that I have contacted by email. Of course there are Aussie companies that excel in customer service, but my experience thus far has not been great - apart from Bensons.

I don't mind spending a bit more to support local, especially if there is good service and I always take into consideration shipping and GST when doing my final sums. People gotta eat and small business retail is a tough business to be in.
Predator: Custom, 60", 42# and 57# @28
Toelke: Whip Custom 62", 57# @28
Jack B Harrison : El Lobo 62", 58# @28

Fanto

#6 Post by Fanto » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm

I went into my local archery shop and on visit no.1 the owner gave me a list of useful sites for trad shooters including 3rivers.

He doesnt stock much for the trad shooter, but he is a trad shooter himself and stocks only the things that work well, so Im lucky enough to have a really good local shop. If i was to order a new bow id get it through him, but he obviously cant financially justify racks of trad bows in every size colour and draw weight.

shop is Archerymart by the way.

cheers
"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold in the hearts of men" The Witchery of Archery, Maurice Thompson