Howdy

General discussions. Politics, scuttlebutt, whatever: you're getting married, changing jobs, got a gripe or a compliment, dying to get out with the bow etc.....

Moderator: Moderators

KellyG

Howdy

#1 Post by KellyG » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:10 am

New to the site. Thought I might say howdy and introduce myself. Found it on another form I visite thought I would see how you fellows and ladies in the down under do things. I am hopeing to someday give up my bow with training wheels for one I make myself. gday and happy hunting.

longbowinfected

Re: Howdy

#2 Post by longbowinfected » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:20 am

wow
welcome mate.
long way to your home from here.
what is the traditional equipment like in your area?

Kev
never complain....you did not have to wake up....every day is an extra bonus and costs nothing.

Stickbow Hunter
Supporter
Supporter

#3 Post by Stickbow Hunter » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:42 am

G'day Kelly and welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy dropping in here and if you have any question don't be afraid to ask.

Jeff

KellyG

#4 Post by KellyG » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Kev and Jeff,
Thanks for the welcome.
Kev where I am currently not much archery. Trying to get my wife to send me one from the states so I can shoot. But stateside there is alot of archery, I switch over to archery around 97 because in the states it is easier to find a place to hunt and the seasons are longer with archery. hope to see ya around on the site. good luck and happy hunting,
Kelly

dmm

#5 Post by dmm » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I'm assuming your in the US military then, stationed in Iraq.
I listened to a podcast the other day where they interviewed the founder of GI Bows.

Apparently he was stationed in Iraq for a time, and found time to make self bows out of palm and a few local materials. I think he then imported some tools and started making bows of a quality that other soldiers bought them from him. Sound bizarre to me.

Anyhow. Welcome aboard.
David
--
Sky TDX 17 riser with Kaya Carbon Tomcat limbs(25H-36#) short Beiter button and rest.

KellyG

#6 Post by KellyG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:32 am

David,
thanks and you quessed it. I dont think I will get good enough to start a buisness. The first time I was here I learned to FLY Fish so who really knows.

Chase N. Nocks

#7 Post by Chase N. Nocks » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 am

KellyG wrote:David,
thanks and you quessed it. I dont think I will get good enough to start a buisness. The first time I was here I learned to FLY Fish so who really knows.
Archery and flyfishing in a place like that. I guess there can be a touch of paradise even there.

My biblical education is very very rusty but I think Iraq was the mythological location for Eden.

Any way mate, good to have you here and get home safely.

Cheers

Troy
I am an Archer. I am not a traditional archer, bowhunter, compound shooter or target archer.....I am an Archer
"Shooting the Stickbow"

....enforced by the "whistling grey-goose wing."
"The Witchery of Archery"

KellyG

#8 Post by KellyG » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Troy,
You have to findd things to keep you from going mad that is for sure. Most do the move and video games. I like the sun, and would say fresh air but there is nothing fresh about it here. As far as the bible goes it is said that most of the places mentioned in the old testament are within its boarders now. Go figure.
Thanks Kelly

excelpoint

#9 Post by excelpoint » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Welcome aboard mate. Hope you enjoy the site.

KellyG

#10 Post by KellyG » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:15 pm

excelpoint thanks